Fleet and Operations Manager
Reports to - Operations Director
HRCS is seeking a broadly skilled and energetic person to fill a unique role--part sailboat maintenance and part sailing educator. The Fleet Manager will work closely with the Operations Director to oversee the maintenance of the fleet and facility, as well as teaching sailing and leading other instruction and trainings as needed. Primary responsibilities will include maintaining the day to day operation and function of the HRCS Fleet and other ancillary facilities, as well as teaching sailing lessons and occasional facility and program leadership roles. This position will require the ability to work independently on a variety of projects related to boat repair and maintenance, as well as sailing and boat handling experience.
- Meets daily with Operations Director about roles and responsibilities, specific duties, fleet readiness issues, facility maintenance, scheduled events, and general preparedness.
- Interacts with members of the public in the role of Sailing Instructor.
- Leads interns or small groups of Interns in maintenance and maintenance training.
- Interacts frequently with HRCS Interns to demonstrate skills and leadership.
- Corresponds as needed with other Program Directors and Program Managers to provide program support.
- Works with boatyard and Yacht Club personnel as needed.
- Works daily with Operations Director, Operations Assistants, and Interns on facility and fleet maintenance issues, including:
- boat, engine, and facility repair and maintenance
- Maintenance Log upkeep
- purchasing and stocking of Operations gear and supplies
- Intern training
- Works independently off-site to perform boat repair and maintenance.
- Teaches sailing and leads sailing excursions as needed
- Assists intern training and intern supervision
- Proficient in marine repair and maintenance including:
- fiberglass repair and finishing
- familiarity with marine hardware and systems, specifically J-24 systems
- outboard engine troubleshooting and repair
- Sailing and/or teaching experience
- US Sailing Basic Keelboat Instructor Certification preferred
- USCG Captains License or Launch Driver’s license preferred
- CPR/First Aid preferred
- Safe Boating Course preferred
- This is a full-time year-round position
- Base salary $40K, or commensurate with experience and skills
- Contribution towards Medical
- Contribution towards USCG licensing and sailing certifications