This course is suited for highschool students who already know the basics of sailing and/or racing and would like to develop those skills.
What We DoHRCS trains high-school-aged racing crews and captains to compete against each other in youth racing series held in the late spring and early fall. We will be teaching racing fundamentals, seamanship, leadership and communication skills to stimulate personal development through competition. .
- Learn the essentials of racing
- Weekly practices for 3-6 participants per boat
- Compete against other youth teams in Spring and fall Regattas
- Become proficient in spinnaker use
- Lean strategy and tactics then put them into practice out on the water
- Advanced sail trim for racing
- Spinnaker use
- Close-quarters maneuvering under sail
WhenThe race class is scheduled during spring and fall seasons according to enrollees' availability. Contact Program Director Alex Baum, at email@example.com for more info.
Course FeeFees vary based on number of participants, number of practices, and practice duration
Youth Racing Partners
New York Harbor School
Avenues: The World School
Stuyvesant High School
Regis High School