Volunteer With HRCS
At HRCS, we believe that community comes first and we welcome volunteers looking to impact our youth development programs. Keep reading to learn how you can get involved. Have a skill or idea that you don't see below? Get in touch with us. We would love to hear from you.
Learn More About Us
- Watch our 10th Anniversary Video
- Learn more about Sail Academy and Adaptive Sailing
- Check out our Instagram and Facebook pages
- Read our Annual Report
- Fill out the Volunteer Intake form.
- Keep your eyes on your email! We will reach out with information about our next online orientation.
- All youth program volunteers must complete the online training program “SafeSport” and a background check.
Be a Skipper
Help get students on the water. Experienced Member Skippers can become Volunteer Skippers. October-November, April-May, Mon. -Thurs., 3:30-6:30pm and special events.
Be a Career Speaker
In the off-season, educate and inspire Sail Academy students by teaching them about your career during special Career Weeks.
Be a Boat Builder
Assist weekly in winter Boat Building. No experience or special skills are necessary. December-March, Mon. - Thurs., 4-7pm.
Help us organize raffles, sell tickets, and run fundraising events. Participate in various community events in Chelsea and Inwood throughout the season.
Help activate the fleet during our boatyard months in March and April. Help prepare boats for the off-season in November.