In order to ensure the safety of all of our staff and participants, Hudson River Community Sailing has made the difficult decision to postpone all sailing lessons scheduled to take place before 5/1/20. Those impacted by this change may transfer into any course that is open on our website on or after 5/15/20 or receive a voucher which can be put toward any future course in the 2020 season. We will be reaching out to all affected parties individually, but please feel free to contact email@example.com or give us a call at (212) 924-1920 to submit a transfer request.
We understand that this is a rapidly evolving situation and will continue to update these policies as necessary. We appreciate your support in these uncertain times and look forward to getting you out on the water as soon as possible!
Personal Information: During registration on this website, we may collect personal contact and/or transaction related information. We will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute this information to any third party without your consent and knowledge.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
(For all lessons, not including City Sail)
- There is a $50 per person rescheduling fee for any BASIC or ADVANCED KEELBOAT course. Courses must be rescheduled at least 7 days prior to the course start date.
- There is a $25 per person rescheduling fee for any of our other lessons or excursions such as: Intros, Opens, Intermediates, Sunset Sails and Family sails. Notice must be provided at least 48 hours prior to the day of your sail.
- Lessons rescheduled within 48 hours of the lesson time will incur a fee equal to the price of the lesson.
- Due to the limited number of spaces available in each course, full refunds are only given in extreme circumstances on a case by case basis. Normally, in those cases, a voucher will be issued instead of a refund.
- Only HRCS can cancel a lesson for weather-related reasons.
- Lessons are cancelled if the conditions are deemed unsafe by HRCS. Examples of these conditions are imminent lightning/thunder and winds sustained at 20 knots with gusts above that speed. Rain, cloudiness, and uncomfortable temperatures do not constitute unsafe conditions unless deemed so by an HRCS representative - Please dress appropriately!
- If a lesson is cancelled, HRCS will contact the participants using phone/email and reschedule the lesson.
City Sail Cancellation and Rescheduling
- Rescheduling - A session may be rescheduled prior to 14 days before the start date of the session for a $50 fee per camper.
- Cancellation - A session may be cancelled and full refund received prior to 30 days before the start date of the session.