Chelsea is HRCSs' headquarters, with a second location at Dyckman Marina in Inwood. HRCS occupies the award-winning Pier 66 Boathouse at 26th street, inside Hudson River Park. Chelsea offers a full array of Community Sailing opportunities.
This Midtown location allows easy excursions to the Harbor, or north toward the George Washington Bridge. With great views of the entire west side of Manhattan, Chelsea provides a unique and exciting sailing location. The adjacent Frying Pan bar and restaurant, has a fun and festive atmosphere.
- Our boathouse includes an indoor classroom and flexible event space
- 15 moorings. 10 moorings are located at the Pier 66 boathouse, and 5 additional moorings South of the Frying Pan. J/80s and J/24s are available at Chelsea location.
- Support boats to run regattas and events
- A great view of the Midtown skyline
Our flagship youth development program Sail Academy takes place at this location, serving 9 public high schools nearby. We offer all of our other youth and adult offerings in Chelsea as well, including:
- Hands-on lessons
- A membership program
- Weekly member racing
- City Sail summer camp
- Sailing programs for veterans
- Community regattas and events
- Corporate Events
- Group Outings and youth contracts
Take the C,E or 1 to the 23rd St. stops and take the M23 to Chelsea Piers and walk up to 26th St. or walk from the subway stops.
There is no parking at the boat house. There is street parking in the area and garages at Chelsea Piers and 25th St and 11th Ave.
Monday-Sunday: 9am – Sunset
Monday-Friday: 10am – 7pm EST
Hudson River Community Sailing
West 26th Street & 12th Avenue
Pier 66 Boathouse, Inside Hudson River Park
New York, NY 10001