Become an HRCS member and join a diverse, inclusive community brought together by a love of sailing and the waterfront. We aim to foster a culture of education and development for members of all skill levels. Enjoy affordable access to the New York City waterfront while sailing from Chelsea and Inwood on the newest and largest fleet in the city. Take the first step toward becoming a member and attend a Membership Orientation.
How Membership Works
Sailing with HRCS is fun, easy & affordable
- Attend a free Membership Orientation.
- Join as a Crew member and self-schedule sails from Chelsea and Inwood on the Member Hub.
- Crew members sail with an HRCS-certified member-Skipper and additional crew.
- The membership is diverse and inclusive. No prior sailing experience required. All skill-levels are welcome and encouraged to join.
- Sailing season runs from April-November.
- Members have access to on-water clinics and year-round educational workshops to grow as sailors.
- Crew members build skills and work toward becoming HRCS-certified Skippers.
Take the first step toward becoming a member by attending a free orientation!
Why Sail with HRCS?
- As a community sailing center, HRCS is affordable and fosters a culture of inclusivity and learning. Members build skills and enjoy discounts on all lessons and certification courses.
- The online Member Hub makes joining a boat and scheduling your sail quick and easy.
- With locations in Chelsea and Inwood, members have access to some of the most beautiful and diverse views on the Hudson including the Statue of Liberty, the George Washington Bridge, the Palisades and beyond.
- Sailing is available seven days a week in-season and on a limited basis in the winter. You’ll have year-round access to workshops, events and social activities as well as special trips.
- HRCS members help support Sail Academy, our flagship youth development program for NYC public school students. Learn more about Volunteer opportunities.
Join as a Crew member and you'll be sailing on the newest and largest fleet in the city. Members have access to weekly racing, on-water clinics and year-round educational workshops. Crew members build skills to grow as sailors and work toward becoming HRCS-certified Skippers. All skill levels welcome. No previous sailing experience required.
All sails included in membership fee. Sail from Chelsea and Inwood. Sign up to join a scheduled skippered boat and build skills and confidence on the water.
Lower membership fee and additional per-sail fee. Sail from Chelsea and Inwood. Sign up to join a scheduled skippered boat.
Enjoy the benefits of membership while sailing exclusively from HRCS's Dyckman Street Marina location in Inwood. Sail Thursday-Sunday.
Become a Skipper Member:
Crew members who meet HRCS certification requirements are eligible to be Skippers. Skippers can schedule a sail and take out Crew whenever a boat is available. Along with scheduling flexibility, Skippers receive credit toward their next renewal for every Crew member they take sailing and have opportunities to reserve a private boat. Skippers who sail frequently can earn enough credit to renew for free!
Interested in becoming a Skipper? HRCS provides training for members to meet the standard we require to operate safely in our dynamic sailing environment.
Interested in Joining?
If you’re ready to learn more about becoming a member, please join us at a free virtual Membership Orientation.