Why Race with HRCS?
- Race on J/24s and J/80s on the Hudson with Manhattan as your backdrop
- Attend workshops and fun social events
- Boats are spinnaker rigged with all equipment aboard
- Become part of the New York City racing community
- Take guests racing
J/80 Spring Series occurs on Tuesdays, starting May 10, followed by Summer Series starting July 5.
Note: No racing on May 17 due to Dark 'n' Stormy Fundraiser.
First signal at 6:30. Boats are available half an hour beforehand.
RATES & DATES
J/80 Tuesday Spring Series
- 6-8 boats
- 6 sessions: May 10, 24, 31, June 7, 14, 21
- $1200 total per boat/team
J/80 Tuesday Summer Series
- 8 boats
- 8 sessions: July 5, 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9, 16, 23
- $1600 total per boat/team
∗ $1000 additional refundable damage deposit required for all J/80 race teams
J/24 Thursday Member Clinic & Series
- 4 sessions pickup racing at no cost: June 23, 30, July 7, 14
- 4 session Summer J/24 team series:
July 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18 (raindate)
- $400 total per boat
Tuesday Morning Pickup Racing
- Members can sign up on the Hub
HOW IT WORKS
- Race Leader - Captains their team and agrees to take responsibility for the boat, crew, and abiding by HRCS policies.
- Must be an HRCS Skipper or crew member. Race Leaders are responsible for finding crew.
- Race Leaders bear the responsibility for all occurrences aboard the boat as per a regular HRCS capt member.
- Fleet - J/24s and J/80s, rigged with spinnakers. Teams are rotated through boats during series.
- Courses - Windward-leeward 1x or 2x, between Pier 76 and 62 on the Hudson River.