To be notified of upcoming volunteering opportunities simply join our Active Volunteers List above.
Volunteering in Youth Programs
Steps to Getting Involved
- Learn about our programs
- Watch these videos - Our Organization, After School Program
- See whats going on in our organization - Facebook
- Read our Executive Summary
- Read our Program Reports
Ways to Get InvolvedAfter you have completed the above “Steps to Getting Involved” and you have been approved to volunteer, here are some ways to get involved.
- Be a Career Speaker - Select days in October - May, Monday-Thursday, 6pm
- Become a Volunteer Skipper and Help Get Students on the Water - October - November, April - May, Monday-Thursday, 4-7pm.
- Assist in our Winter Boat Building - No experience or special skills necessary, December - March, Monday-Thursday, 4-7pm.
- Provide homework / tutoring support. Options for sessions October - May, Monday-Thursday, 4-7pm.
- Lead a workshop on a career skill (resume writing, interview best practices, workplace etiquette).
- Host a workplace visit.
- Connect a student with an internship or shadow day.
- Be a mentor.
The personal information that you provide will never be supplied to anyone outside HRCS without first obtaining your consent, unless we are required by law to disclose it. When you provide HRCS with your e-mail address you are consenting that you are willing to receive periodic e-newsletters from us.