What We Do
HRCS trains high-school-aged racing crews and skippers to compete against each other in youth racing series in spring and fall. We teach racing fundamentals, seamanship, leadership and communication skills to stimulate personal development through competition.
- Learn the essentials of racing
- Weekly practices for 3-6 participants per boat
- Compete against other youth teams in Spring and fall Regattas
- Become proficient in spinnaker use
- Learn strategy and tactics then put them into practice out on the water
- Advanced sail trim for racing
- Spinnaker use
- Close-quarters maneuvering under sail
The race class is scheduled during spring and fall seasons according to enrollees' availability. Most teams practice on Fridays from 4:30 to 6:30 pm.
Contact Program Director Alexe Taylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Spring 2020 Friday Practice Schedule
Friday Practices will start May 1st and run through June 5th. Our annual DiStefano Spring Regatta will be held on May 31st.
Fees vary based on number of participants, number of practices, and practice duration.
Not part of an affiliated school, team, or group? No problem! Your student can sign up for our pickup team, which practices with the rest of the teams on Fridays.
The course fee for the Spring 2020 Season is $425 per racer.
Youth Racing Partners
West End Secondary School
New York Harbor School
High School for Math, Science, and Engineering
Special Music School